Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Washing...

Sunbonnet Sue(see the side bar for the story...sorry I can not get the link to work) got a bath the other day...very gently, but she was pleased to be so clean after so long. Mo the cat loves fresh laundry! Okay, she loves to sleep in a laundry basket full of clean clothes leaving her black hair all over the clothes so that I have to wash them again. Good thing I have a laundry chute.
As I have mentioned before there were several things that appealed to me about this house. The laundry chute was magical to me. I instantly realized that a chute meant I would only have to carry clean clothes upstairs as the dirty would just slide down the chute-bliss! In go the clothes...
Down the chute with a satisfying "whoosh"! There is a ventilated wooden box attached at the ceiling that extends down the wall. The clothes fall in the box or if the trapdoor is open then they fall tidily into the utility sink-once again, bliss! This is a brilliant invention!
I knew if we rented this house the girls would drop their dirty clothes down the chute each morning secure in the knowledge that they would have clean clothes and clean rooms. No more laundry hampers with damp decaying towels...no more assorted objects(clearly not laundry) stuffed in the hampers in a mad dash to clean up a room before an irate parent got upstairs... once again bliss!
This is just one of the girls' rooms, the other room is equally as horrible. They have tried to convince me that it is "a system" and "we know where it all is" or "she (the other sister) messed it up when she borrowed the shirt/jeans/shoes". I don't think either one of them has dropped more than a piece of laundry each down the chute since we got here. The only way it gets cleaned up is if I claim someone is coming to visit whether they really are or not.
Here is my solution for the days no one is on their way to visit:


1 comment:

  1. Truly now I know why Sarah and B get along so well! Sarah's room is at least twice this bad! My dealing with it is also to close the door!

    ReplyDelete