Sunday, November 14, 2010

"Reddy"... Set... Go...

I won't lie to you . Cincinnati has had more than its fair share of gray days, literally and figuratively. The house we are renting until our house in Nashville closes is convenient and cozy in a sweet neighborhood. Your basic late 60's colonial redo with minimal overhead lighting and no built ins, and sadly painted rental white...dingy gray-white. The owners had it on the market for a year to sell and then rented it for two years to absentee tenants. The house needed love...and COLOR! I started with the entry hall and Benjamin Moore's Hawthorne Yellow. I love it, but missed getting good before pictures. The living room desperately needed attention. Early last week SG , who studies in the living room, said she thought red would be a good color...hmmmm. Here is the living room on Friday afternoon at 3:15...

And here is the living room after church on Sunday...ta dah!


We moved the chairs upstairs and some chairs from upstairs down AGAIN(that choice of words from Rick who is very patient). It is so much brighter, and I find myself coming downstairs, walking through the kitchen and coming around the corner so I can "happen" on the color. Once again, Benjamin Moore paint came to the rescue with this "Million Dollar Red" color from my local ACE Hardware/ post office (who deserve their own blog entry and will get one soon). Red does not cover as easily as yellow, and I will need to do some touch ups, but no more gray skies in here!

1 comment: