Saturday, November 20, 2010

Finally a use for those felted sleeves...

 I love to find old wool sweaters and felt them for crafts. The bodies of the sweater provide nice big sections to use, but the sleeves taper, have a seam on one side and  a crease on the other. One of my earlier posts mentioned my lack of cold weather gear. I was thrilled to find theses mammoth scrapers at the grocery store last week! No weenie little scraper that fits in your glove box, no ma'am!
The mitten/glove supply is dismal at our house, but I can only knit so fast.  How to keep hands warm and dry while shoveling snow and scraping ice?   ICE SCRAPER COZIES!  I cut small holes(felt does not ravel) along the cuffs and threaded bias tape through the holes tying them around the handles.  Warm dry hands and scraped windows... hooray!

1 comment:

  1. only you, mary gresh, could come up with such a creative idea! awesome

    ReplyDelete